The Carel du Toit Trust
The Carel du Toit Trust is a non-profit organisation (NPO) established in 1988 to raise funds to financially support the Carel du Toit Centre, where hearing impaired children learn to speak. As an NPO, the Carel du Toit Trust relies on the generosity of publics and corporates to raise the funds necessary to enable the Centre to operate optimally and ensure sustainability for future generations of children with hearing impairment.
A world where deaf children have universal access to early identification, hearing technology, audiological support, therapeutic services and ultimately functional spoken language.
To mobilize and develop resources to advance whole-child development through early identification and spoken language for every deaf child by supporting and promoting the impactful work of the Carel du Toit Centres.
- To enable universal access to the Carel du Toit spoken language methodology, audiological management and therapeutic support, ensuring optimal functioning for every deaf child in a hearing world.
- To promote a strong brand identity and enhance public awareness of the Carel du Toit Trust, its resource needs and achievements to optimize Donor support.
- To create and nurture strategic and collaborative partnerships with Donors that result in steadfast commitment to the financial sustainability of impactful projects and programmes.
- To promote the success and impact of the Carel du Toit spoken language methodology through advocacy, influencing policy and applied research.
- Comitted Team
How we support Carel du Toit Centres
The Carel du Toit Trust contributes to the funding of the Centre’s:
- Buildings, equipment and facilities
- Specialist services e.g. speech and language therapy, audiology, occupational therapy
- Goal-specific programmes
- Community outreach projects
- Research and advocacy
- Promoting the Carel du Toit language acquisition methodology through awareness, outreach and Alumni.
Please have a look at our Wish List to find other items and services the Centre is in need of and perhaps you’re able to assist us.
- Registered Trust, NGO and PBO
- Satellite Centre in East London and Bloemfontein
- Audited annual financial statement – PKF RademeyerWesson
- Registered with the Western Cape Government: Education
- Management: School Governing Body; Board of Trustees; School Management Team
- B-BBEE VERIFICATION – more than 75% beneficiaries are black as per codes of conduct
Contact our offices to find out how you can impact the future of a hearing impaired child and help them reach their fullest potentials.
Head: Fundraising & Partnerships
Tel: +27 21 933 4578